Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Evaluation

For my presentation I think I would give myself around a 28-29/30. From the amount of positive feedback I would say I did pretty well. My voice projected well, I was making a lot of eye-contact with the audience.  In most cases I have a personality shell in most classes. In classes like health, or electives I tend to feel more "real" and I'm usually a quiet reserved guy in most other classes. Not sure why. I also usually suffer from some bad stage fright. I think the lights being bright and not being able to see the audience well made things easier for me to talk. My cousin told me he always feels more confident whenever he's on an elevated position, so maybe I'm the same way too.
As far as the Ted Commandments I think I did a pretty good job. Dream Big was pretty good in my opinion. Honestly I do think in my whole life this was one of the best presentations I've ever done. Easily top 3, possibly number 1. I also liked my message of using justified lies, and advancing through life by "speeding up", and not taking "shortcuts".
Showing the real me was pretty easy in this. Usually I have to present facts, analysis, conclusions, etc. and things I don't care about. In this I just said how I truly felt about things and spoke it like it was. I already talked about my "personality shell" so no more really needs to be said.
Connecting with people's emotions I did very well on. After stepping down from the stage I was complimented and was told things like "that was awesome" or "That was really good". The amount of laughter while I was on stage was also pretty prevalent. I always had a knack for being funny, I just have to plan being funny ahead of time. (By the way for those of you wondering, yes the plunger story was real...don't worry though. I literally had a can of febreeze in my left hand if needed). Felt kind of weird when I heard some chuckles in parts I didn't even intend to be funny.
In making the complex plain, Well I spent a good chunk explaining the big ideas, and I'm hoping I got what I wanted to say clear. I'm usually bad at explaining, and simplifying so I'm not sure whether or not to take a point off.
Not flaunting my ego. Here's my scale. Me < Kanye West. I'm good.
No Selling from the stage. Occurrences : Niddy
Feeling free to comment on others talks. The only person who even did this is Himavath...does mentioning him in my post just now count?
Don't read your talk. Ethan said I was good here so I'm going to trust his opinion; personally I thought I did well here too.
Ending talk on time. Well the purpose was to not take time from others, and since I was the last one I guess I pass this automatically.
Rehearse your talk. Yes, a lot. I think I ended up subconsciously remembering after a certain night when I was thinking about it while going to bed. Though I always did it in front of a clock and not a person.
As for the content I wouldn't call my visuals distracting. But I wouldn't necessarily call my self the main show. I think I think it was more than just an aid, but I always made sure to attract attention to myself. I would describe my use of powerpoint as proficiently synchronized implementation used to create nostalgic and entertaining representation. (I made it rhyme so you know it's good).
Also Mr. Perlman, if you're reading this, was that dropbox thing an April Fool's joke? I haven't found it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment