Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I basically have all my character designs done now. I may tweek some details later, but all of them are done. I also finished my second-by-second story board. I'm planning on doing all the grunt work over spring break. Luckily I won't have to draw every individual frame in back-breaking work, because all I really have to do is erase a moving part and redraw it. It makes the overall frame look a bit stiff, but doing it otherwise wouldn't be reasonable. I also have the option on adobe flash to use a "bone" tool which automatically registers certain portions of picture as a person, and I can move each "bone" that corresponds to a limb to a place where I want movement, but all my characters designs are apparently "too complex" for flash to handle. Go figure. I also got a very good idea as to how to do my TED talk. I got some very good feedback today, helping me with what I should and shouldn't do during the presentation. The rest of the work I have left is pretty dry and boring, but the end result will (hopefully) be awesome!

Hopefully my storyboard is accurate in what actually looks normal though. I'm also concerned because there have been some lagging issues arising more and more frequently with the graphics tablet. Not sure if it's the computer, flash, or the tablet, but it's still manageable. Overall it should be smooth sailing from here on out, and I doubt anything else can really hinder and major progress.
Posted on these blogs:
http://21cmr.blogspot.com
peartisapunkpalmerisagod.blogspot.com

http://johnrecording.blogspot.com

Video Blog
https://vimeo.com/62217900

3 comments:

  1. Bobby,
    I was skeptical when you first told me about this project because of the sheer amount of characters involved in the video. Now however, it seems like it is just second nature for you to make this entire video happen.I am really impressed by your drawing (that I've seen you do in class).
    You should post on your blog what is going to happen in the video so that everyone can see how puzzling it sounds in theory and how awesome it will be when presented.

    ~~Max

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobby, I'm genuinely impressed. this project does nothing but play to your strengths and it's going to be fantastic to see the final outcome. I, like Max, have been impressed with your drawing skills ever since I first witnessed them and I know that a project like this is well within your capabilities. The only concern I have is with the voice acting, which would be a challenge for anyone really. Best of luck over spring break!!!!

    ~~S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ayo Bobbygurl. This is a bangin' project you have. I really love your art style, it's cartoony and comical. Though, it would be cool if you could draw like Kentaro Miura. I am really amazed that you had never seriously drawn prior to this, and you're as good as you are without having years of practice. I wish you the best of luck, and I'm looking forward to your presentation and the finished product. So long.

    ReplyDelete